Friday, December 3, 2010

3 Dec 2010 - A perspective on Love


1:30 am - Break ke baad



At times you find your own story playing on the screen in front of you. All through the three hours you see and contemplate where things went wrong, when you were being the jackass, where you could handled the situation but didn't. But doesn't matter what you do or don't, because what a movie shows is the best possible end and amusingly your life is not a movie.

6:30 am - How much you love me?
At times I feel like, why do i already get ready to watch any crappy shit stuff. May be because "kamal kichad mein hi khilta hai". There were three times in my life when i pickup something pretty gross and random n which changed my life and stayed with me since.
a. First time it happened with "The Love Machine" by Jacquelin Susann Since then I am in love with Robin Stone. No, I take back my statement, I AM ROBIN STONE. I always wanted to be Howard Rock but left to be Dominique Francon. Being Howard was too much of imagination. No the two books have nothing in common, but if someone sees it from my eyes, they do got lot in common. No offence to anyone's sensibilities. Robin and Howard are two male protagonist who have affected my life pretty badly, so i can't talk about them by separating one from other. "The Love Machine" was the first time my definition of love changed, eh.. modified.
b. Then came the time, when i turely hated for it's grossness. It happened with "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" Judith Rossner. After this book, something died inside me, forever. It wasn't a sad book, but it was epitome of grossness for me. Though it was no different from "The Love Machine" but somehow i still appreciated Love machine but even being a women myself i was unable to appreciate the need of a woman. It was almost like being a part of conservative Hindu family and suddenly one day, you understand the meaning and implications of "how you were born?". Hypocrite? Guilty. So, grossness wasn't of Theressa but was of my perspective, which was given a purer identity the day i finished the book.
c. This time it was movie, "Fling".

Right, wrong, freedom, commitment, lies, truth. Nothing, just nothing, it broke all boundaries. After this i watched "a girlfriend experience" and came up with a complete analogy on the kinds of relations which could be there and why? I loved this movie for some reason and i guess hated it for same.

There three narratives gave me perspective. When i started watching "How much do you love me?" i thought i might get lucky again the movie succeeded in ridiculing itself. The issue didn't needed sensitivity but just the same care and respect which Francois gave Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment